With our friends in the USA and Canada sitting down to watch Episode one of Gotham, we at Gotham TV Podcast look at the latest news from the series and connected DC universe as we wait for the mid-October release in the Ireland and the UK on Channel 5. Zero Year, Episode 17 of Gotham TV Podcast also looks at and reflects on what we can expect in the upcoming series of Gotham, talks about October’s New York Comic Con (N.Y.C.C.) and draws the winner out of the hat for the Penguin poster by Matthew J Fletcher.
- The 22nd September is finally upon us and our friends across the Atlantic in the USA and Canada. Today is the day when all the waiting comes to an end and everyone in North America, via Fox and CTV, finally gets to watch episode one of Gotham. We hope it is everything they want from the show and more over the coming weeks. Don’t worry we’re not too far behind as over in Ireland and the UK Channel 5 airs Gotham from mid-October. Enjoy the Gotham premiere parties.
- Tonnes of interviews out there with the cast and crew including our own interview with Victoria Cartagena and Andrew Stewart Jones but this one that Show Creator Bruno Heller did with Digital Spy caught our eye. He discusses the possibility of DC Universe Cross Overs. You can read the full interview with Digital Spy here.
- The build up to the premiere of Gotham also saw the release by Fox of more character videos and snippets. The videos showed and expanded on some of the more well-known trailer scenes including the famous “There will be light…” scene from Jim Gordon (Ben McKenzie) and also explored some of the other main characters such as Barbara Kean (Erin Richards).
- Hot on the heels of the series premiere, Gotham will also be at New York Comic Con on Sunday 12th October for a special video presentation and Q&A session. Gotham TV Podcast will be there to follow the events as they unfold from New York.
- After our Episode 16 roundtable discussion with two of the newer Gotham podcasts last week we also took part in a question and answer session about Gotham with podcasters at the Assembly of Geek. You can check the Assembly of Geek Podcast out here.
DC Connected News
- Also at New York Comic Con will be a number of other DC features including Constantine (Saturday 11th October), Special Guest Stephen Amell who plays Oliver Queen on WB’s Arrow will at the event for the weekend.
- DC Entertainment and Comic panels looking at Batman’s 75th Anniversary (Saturday 11th October) and the new comic series Batman: Gotham Rising (Friday 10th October) and much much more.
- Elizabeth D-V has asked us to share a discussion point with our listeners. Who do you think will appear on Gotham who has yet to be announced. She’s said she wants to wait to get the tone after a few episodes but if any other listeners want to send in their suggestions you can send them to our new address Feedback@gothamtvpodcast.com
- Our Zero Year Competition to win a Penguin poster by Matthew J Fletcher is now finished and we revealed the winner on our show The poster will be winging it’s way to the winner very soon. Have a listen to find out if it’s you.
Thanks so much to all of our listeners for their feedback it’s great to have the support so far and we hope you keep sending us your feedback as Gotham ramps up.
As always thanks so much for listening and all your interactions over the last five months. We have just over a month left until Gotham launches in the US hopefully it won’t be very long until we get to see the show in Europe and keep up the coverage.
Next time we’ll be on the road with all the coverage of Gotham and the DC Connected universe at New York Comic Con.
If you have any questions or comments you can contact us any of the following ways:
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
@gothamtvpodcast on Twitter
Facebook.com/gothamtvpodcast or just search “Gotham TV Podcast” on Facebook.
You can leave us a voicemail on Skype just search for Gotham TV Podcast.
You can also connect with us on Google + at gothamtvpodcast.
Date recorded: 22/09/2014
Date published: 23/09/2014
MP3, 35 mins, 128kbps, 32.2 MB