We are delighted to be returning to New York city for the biggest comic and TV convention in the USA New York Comic Con 2015. The four day event runs from Thursday the 7th to Sunday the 10th of October in the Javits Convention Center. The annual event is in it’s 10th year this year and attracted over 150,000 attendees in 2014 over 20,000 more than San Diego Comic Con which caps it’s attendance at 130,000. There are many many events, signings, screenings, games and comic book announcements to keep those of us going to the event excited over the four days. Here’s are our New York Comic Con 2015 must see DC Events.
- WBTV Preview Night Screenings – Thursday the 8th October
Returning for a third year the WBTV screening event was host to the Constantine in 2014 and excellent pilot for a show that had an untimely end mid season. For the new season we will get to see the premiere of the new CBS TV show Supergirl starring Melissa Benoist, Mehcad Brooks and Calista Flockhart in the big budget show from the creators of the Flash and Arrow. We’ve heard great things about the show so far so we’re excited to see the pilot. Also at the screening night will be a sneak peak at DC’s Legends of Tomorrow another spin-off of Arrow and Flash featuring both villains and heroes from those to shows as time-traveling crime fighters. The premise seems barmy so we’re looking forward to see how the less serious side of the DC universe will be on show when it premieres in 2016. Check out the trailers below.
- DC Comics – The Dark Knight 30th Anniversary
- To celebrate the 30th anniversary of Frank Millar’s seminal Batman Graphic Novel “The Dark Knight Returns”, Artist including Jim Lee and Brian Azzarello will join a panel of experts to discuss in detail their favourite parts of the book. We’re also certain they will discuss Frank Millar’s highly anticipated upcoming sequel Dark Knight Returns 3 – The Master Race.
- Batman Fan Meet-up
- Sure to be full of some of the best cos-players in the world with their best Batman, Harley Quinn and Joker costumes we’re hoping to see a new influx of Gotham cos-players at this years event.
- Gotham TV Podcast Meet up at Tír Na Nóg on 39th Street – from 8pm
- Since we’re in New York for the full event we’ll be going out for drinks in New York city on Saturday night. If you want to come by and say hi we’ll be at the Tír na Nóg Irish bar a few blocks from the Javitts Centre. Click here for directions.
- Warner Bros. Television Takeover Featuring Gotham, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, Blindspot, Supergirl and Person of Interest
- Sunday is again Gotham day at NYCC as we hook up with all the other fans in the main hall to check out the GOTHAM Panel and screening. We’ll also get in line to meet the Gotham cast at the signing event; and Gotham TV Podcast will bring you some exclusive interviews with Ben McKenzie, Corey Michael Smith, Robin Lord Taylor, James Frain and others from the Gotham cast interviews at the Javits Center.
- There will also be a huge host of other Warner Bros. and DC inspired screenings and panels at at the Super Sunday event with another chance to see the Supergirl and DC Legends of Tomorrow previews.
- And finally as always there will be surprises
- New York Comic Con is always known for it’s surprises. In 2014 George Clooney showed up at the Tomorrowland panel while on his honeymoon to give an apology to Batman fans for “killing the franchise”. There are rumours that there will be a special sneak peek at the upcoming Batman V Superman at this years event thanks to a comment by a leading Warner Brothers executive. Only time will tell but watch this space.
We’re looking forward to seeing all the attendees there but we will be podcasting after the event to discuss everything we saw there and hopefully some exclusive information that you’ll enjoy as much as we will.
We’ll talk to you soon, but in the meantime check out our Gotham Season two interview with Drew Powell, Gotham’s Butch Gilzean.
Derek and John
Gotham TV Podcast.